Natural Cures and Home Remedies
“Don't go anywhere, because this could be the most important information about your health you'll ever read!”
Traditional Home Remedies
Power of Vegetables:
BeetrootBeetroot is used traditionally as a blood building food. It has liver, spleen, gall bladder and kidney cleansing properties. Beetroot is particularly rich in Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus and iron. Each capsule provides approximately 1-2mg of elemental iron The iron contained in beetroot is organic and non-irritating and will not cause constipation Beetroot is useful in acidosis due to it being rich in alkaline elements
CarrotCarrots contains large quantities of vitamin A, in the form of beta carotene. Carrot juice has anti-carcinogen properties. Thus, it helps prevent cancer. It is also believed to have cancer-curing properties. It also good for the skin. Carrot juice is like a tonic. It will improve the overall health of you and your child, and increase immunity. In fact, two glasses of carrot juice a day can increase your immunity by as much as 70%!
Power of Fruits:
AN APPLE A DAY KEEP DOCTORS AWAY
- The apple is a highly nutritive food.
- It contains minerals and vitamins in abundance.
- Apples are useful in kidney stones
- Iron contained in the apple helps in formation of blood.
- Raw apples are good for constipation.
- Cooked or baked apples are good for diarrhea.
- Apples are of special value to heart patients. They are rich in potassium and phosphorus but low in sodium. It is also useful for patients of high blood pressure.
BanannaThe banana constitutes almost a complete balanced diet in combination with milk. It is known for promoting healthy digestion. The banana is used as a dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and blandness. It is the only raw fruit which can be eaten without distress in chronic ulcer cases. It neutralizes the over-acidity of the gastric juices and reduces the irritation of the ulcer by coating the lining of the stomach.
CucumberA beautician's secret, cucumber is excellent for facial skin. It also promotes the growth of healthy hair and nails. And of course, we all know the wonders that it performs on baggy eyes and dark circles. It contains vitamins like B and C, and minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorus.
Common Home Remedies
Cold and Cough
Following are the signs that indicate the presence of this ailment:
- Running or blocked nose
- Sore throat
- Low fever with body pain
- Loss of appetite
- The body should be kept warm - especially the feet, chest, throat and head. Sweating is very helpful.
- Take half a teaspoon of ginger juice with half a teaspoon of honey, three times a day (morning, noon and night). In winter, warm the mixture by mixing a teaspoon of warm water in it.
- Mix half a cup of warm water with one teaspoon of lemon juice and one
teaspoon of honey.
Dosage: Take several times a day.
- In cases of dry cough (especially during the night), peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.
- Take equal amounts of cardamom, ginger powder, black pepper and cinnamon (1
teaspoon each). Add sugar equal to the total amount of mixture and grind to make
a fine powder.
Dosage: Take half a teaspoon twice daily, with honey or warm water after meals.
- In cases of sore throat, a clove or two cardamoms or a few raisins can be chewed.Gargling with warm salty water two to three times a day is also beneficial.
The best way to handle bites and stings is to avoid them in the first place. Experts say that when venturing into the outdoors, you should wear white or khaki-colored clothing (including socks and long pants), use insect repellent, avoid sweet-scented fragrances, never mess around with a beehive and always check yourself for hangers-on such as ticks after you go back inside. But even when that doesn't work, most insect bites are just minor annoyances. You'll get an itch, a bump and maybe a burning sensation. The natural remedies in this chapter, used with the approval of your doctor, may provide relief, according to some health professionals.
You can also soothe insect bites by drinking fresh cilantro juice and applying the cilantro pulp to the skin. Here's how he says to prepare the juice and pulp: Chop 1 cup of fresh cilantro leaves and mix with 1/3 cup of water in a blender. Strain this mixture through cheesecloth, saving the pulp to apply directly to the affected area of the skin. Dr. Lad suggests spreading the pulp on the bite once or twice a day and to drink the juice two tablespoons at a time, three times a day. Keep the juice refrigerated; you should have enough for three to four days.
The main symptom as is clear from the name is ache or pain. The pain can be of many types depending upon the cause of pain. In some cases it can be very mild and bearable while in other it could be very severe and appears as if the patient is going to lose his/her life. Depending upon the cause of pain it can be continously high, sometimes high and sometimes low like a wave, appear during a specific time, like one hour before or after the meals or on empty stomach. The nature of pain is also different . It can be biting, burning, throbbing, spasmodic, piercing or sometimes very mild and relief giving.Remedies
1. The patient should have clear bowel movements and should not be constipated. According to Ayurveda every one should pass stool at least once in 24 hours. Early morning (first thing after waking up ) is the best time to do this. In the case of severe constipation an enema with warm water can be given. Two tea spoons of castor oil mixed in a cup of warm milk can be given to the patient every night before going to bed or whenever necessary. 2. If the pain is due to acidity or gas, drinking plain soda water provides immediate relief. 3. Two tea spoons of lemon juice mixed with 50 ml. of warm water helps in relieving all kinds of stomach aches. One gram of rock salt powder should be mixed in this and can be taken at least thrice a day. 4. Take equal weights of dry ginger, black pepper, roasted cumin seeds, dry mint leaves, coriander, asa asafetida, garlic and rock salt. Make a fine powder by grinding all these together. Taking one or half tea spoon of this powder with warm water gives relief from stomach ache. This can be taken two or three times a day after meals. If some of the ingredients are not found, you can make the powder with what ever items being available. Common salt can be used if rock salt is unavailable. 5. Taking one to three grams of ajowan seeds with warm water relieves stomach ache. It becomes more effective if an equal weight of rock salt is added to it. In case rock salt is not available, common salt can be used. 6. Giving local heat treatment at the site of the pain also gives some relief from the pain. 7. One tea spoonful ginger juice and one tea spoonful castor oil mixed in half cup warm water relieves stomach ache. It can be taken twice a day. 8. Take about 20 gms. of anise seeds. Put them in one cup water for about 4 hours. Then strain and drink this water. It is better to soak the anise seeds overnight, and drink it in the next morning.